Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting to know...

Julie Zeppetini, Assistant Rooms Manager




What is your job title? Assistant Rooms Manager

How long have you been here at Cuscowilla? I began working at Cuscowilla in June of 2005.

What do you enjoy most about your job? I enjoy the interaction with all our guests and informing them about our resort and the surrounding area and meeting new people from different areas of the world.

Where are you from? How long have you been here? I arrived in the United States in November of 2002. I am originally from a town called Chesterfield in the United Kingdom, an area known as the Peak District, which is Britain’s 1st National Park. It’s located about 4 miles from Chesterfield’s town center and is home to some of England’s best scenery. My hometown is famous for its Crooked Spire, St Mary and All Saints, the Crooked Spire Church, which was built in the late 13th Century and finished around 1360. It is the largest church in Derbyshire. The Spire stands 228 feet from the ground and leans 9 feet 5 inches from its true centre. The Spire was 'twisted' when unseasoned wood was used during its construction. Then 32 tons of lead tiles were placed on top and as the timber dried out the weight of the lead twisted the spire.




What is your favorite thing about the US? My favorite thing about the US is the diversity of people and places, and how different it is from small sleepy towns compared to the hustle and bustle of New York and Las Vegas and of course how vast this country is, did you know that the United Kingdom would fit into Texas 39 times with room to spare.


What is your favorite thing about Cuscowilla? My favorite thing about Cuscowilla is the family atmosphere between all of our staff, members and home owners. From our hourly paid team members to our executives, everyone knows your name. And of course the view I get to experience each and every day is wonderful. It’s just a great place to work. When I first starting working at Cuscowilla, I was employed as a Front Desk Clerk and quickly moved into a supervisory role and then I was lucky enough to be promoted to the Assistant Rooms Manager. Another great thing about working here is that the company does promote within, which is a great opportunity for all members of our team.

What’s your favorite thing to do outside of work? When I’m not working, I do enjoy spending time on Lake Oconee, whether I’m jet skiing, boating or fishing, it’s very relaxing. My husband has recently been teaching me how to fly fish and I am looking forward to some warmer weather so I can get out there and practice some more. I like to socialize and of course shopping (what girl doesn’t like to shop?!). I also enjoy traveling. Since living here I had the chance to visit many different areas of the US - did you know that there are at least 100 things to do in each state?

What’s new and great in the Reservations Department? A newly added addition to Cuscowilla is Tommy Typhoon which is located on property in the Lake Village area, Typhoon Tommy’s offers bike rentals, Jet Ski and boat rentals. They offer pontoon boats and ski boats, as well as captained charters. Please call (706) 347-1177 for more information or visit their website at www.typhoontommys.com.




Any specials, deals or packages in the Reservations Department? At the moment, we are offering some great specials! We have our Winter Golf Packages beginning at $245.00 plus taxes and fees. All of our Winter Golf Packages include overnight accommodations in either a Lodge Villa Suite or one of our charming Golf Cottages, unlimited golf, cart fees and greens fees. We are also offering our Romance Package, which includes overnight accommodations in one of our beautiful Lodge Villas Suites, a bottle of champagne, along with chocolate covered strawberries beginning at $245.00 plus taxes and fees for that special someone in your life. For further information on packages and specials, please contact our Reservations Department at (706) 486 9616. Our hours of operation are 8:00 am – 9:00pm, seven days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment