Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Cooking Tips

From our Executive Chef, Richard Schafer

Well...if your household is like mine there is never enough oven space!!!

The way I solve this problem is by saving the casseroles! The casseroles are already cooked but just need to be browned. About 30 minutes before dinner, I turn the oven up to 425 degrees and then take out whatever large piece of meat I have in the oven. Be it a ham or a turkey, I'll double wrap it in aluminum foil and leave it on the stove top. The foil will help to keep in heat and moisture. Next I finish off my other side dishes - yams with marshmallows or that green bean concoction - by browning those in the oven or putting on the finishing toppings.

I hope everyone is able to spend less time in the kitchen this year and more time with family and friends. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Chef Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment